Opening Keynote Fireside Chat: Tougher Times, Tougher Tactics: Retail Leadership During A Cost-Of-Living Crisis
26 Apr 2023
- Retail has seen unprecedented disruption over the last three years. What key lessons has this period taught you about both good and bad leadership?
- How should retailer leaders respond effectively to the UK’s current cost of living crisis and its impact on customer behaviour?
- Which retail leaders do you admire the most and why?
- What mistakes do retailers often make within their leadership strategy and how can these best be avoided?
- You led JD Sports Fashion plc from 2004-2022 from a UK-only retailer to have stores in 27 territories. How did this international insight impact your leadership strategy?
- You were appointed as chairman of The Fragrance Shop last November. How has moving from apparel to fragrances impacted how your leadership strategy and why?
- JD Sports Fashion grew exponentially during your leadership ultimately becoming a FTSE 100 company. What did this period teach you about effective communication with both colleagues and customers?
- How do you see the omnichannel experience evolving and what role should leaders be playing in it?
- If you could give one piece of leadership advice to retailers of any size for the next two years what would it be?